The Gamers Against Bigotry Advocate (GABA) role is an entry-level way to help the org. It’s a commitment that fits right between signing the pledge and volunteering for an official role, and allows individuals who may not have a lot of extra free time to have a meaningful impact on our cause. If you’re curious about becoming a GABA, or would like to know more about what the role entails, send an email to [email protected] and (in less than 100 words) tell us why you signed you pledge.
All you need to know right now is that the following people are solid human beings, and we wouldn’t be where we are without them.
- Name: Lucian Clark
- Location: West Deptford, NJ, USA
- Gamertags: RainbowGuts (League of Legends/NA), Trainer Joey (01001100 on Steam), Skittlefiddle (PSN)
- Fav. Modern Game: League of Legends
- Fav. Classic/Retro: Pokémon
- “GAB actually means a lot to me. I moderate a handful of trans* subreddits and see the impact daily that even simple insults have on people. People play video games to escape the world, not to be reminded of how terrible it can be if you are anything but a straight, cisgender, neurotypical white male.”
- Name: Jade Warden
- Location: Birmingham, UK
- Gamertag: bigrazorsis
- Fav. Modern Game: Bioshock
- Fav. Classic/Retro: The Curse of Monkey Island
- “GAB is important to me as an intersectional feminist as it promotes a further step towards equality for all people.”