Do you run an organization that has ideals similar to Gamers Against Bigotry? Are you working to create a community for gamers that is supportive, inclusive, and welcoming? Awesome. Let’s team up.
The GAB Partners Program
The Gamers Against Bigotry Partners Program exists because there are hundreds of organizations out there — clans, forums, businesses, and more — who are doing amazing things to create a gaming community that is welcoming to all gamers. We want to recognize and work with these organizations, supporting you in your efforts and connecting our members with you when possible.
Criteria for Partners
We want to form as many partnerships as possible, but we can’t endorse just anyone. Following are required criteria that an organization must meet in order to be accepted as a GAB Partner. If you have any questions about a specific point, or aren’t sure if your organization meets the standards, just get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
- Take the GAB Pledge on behalf of your organization
- Mission statement that is inclusive of gamers of all identities (e.g., race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability status)
- Feature the GAB Partners Badge on your website or storefront
- Provide a logo for GAB to share on its Partners page
- Share a brief statement explaining why you support GAB
- Members of organization (or, at least, the leadership) all take the GAB Pledge
- Offer benefits to GAB pledgees, or find other ways to intentionally welcome them to your org and encourage folks to take the pledge
- Work with the GAB team to create events that will engage the gaming community and raise awareness of these issues
How to Apply
“Apply” is a bit intense, really. In all honesty, an “application” isn’t necessary, or requested. If your org meets the criteria (you know if you do or don’t) you just need to send James, our Director of Public Relations, an email (jamesb at gameragainstbigotry . org) and let him know. In the email, include relevant links so James can check into your org, as well as your logo so we can post it on the Partners page if you qualify.