If you’d rather donate money than time, click here.
A few people had already gone out of their way to email and ask how they could help, leading to the creation of this page. Those people should be given crowns and scepters to recognize them as Queens and Kings of Awesome. We are certainly in need of a lot of help, and the list will only grow as the organization does.
First off, the most important thing any single person can do to help is simply tell everyone they know about GAB, and get them to sign the pledge.
Below are a few particular needs/roles we are looking for folks to fill. A quick and important note up front: at this point, all of the roles are unpaid, but we are certainly willing to work with you to get college credit for your position (as a practicum, intern, or otherwise, just get in touch).
Email us at volunteer (at) gamers against bigotry (dot) org if you want to help! Be sure to include the area/role for which you’re wanting to volunteer.
- Gamers Against Bigotry Advocates: this is the best first opportunity for folks who are looking to help GAB in a meaningful way (beyond signing the pledge), but aren’t sure how much time they can commit. Learn more about this role here.
- PHP/MySQL Developers: if you have extensive experience with PHP and MySQL development, we’d love your help in improving the back-end of the pledge. We’d like it to be closer to the brick house from Three Little Pigs, and right now it’s much more straw-esque.
- Press Liaison: we have a press release written and a MailChimp account with a few hundred press contacts collected, if you think you could do something helpful with that, you’ll be able to do something we haven’t: something helpful with that.
- Writers/Journalists: share your opinion, interview influential folks in the gaming community/industry and share theirs, whatever it may be, there’s a good chance we’d like to provide a platform for you here.
- Designers/Pixel Artists: we’d love to create a lot of GAB propaganda like the Action Plan, but it takes time and skill, two things you have, right? Right.
- Mods/Community Leaders: it’d be great to have GAB-specific forums, gaming groups (e.g., a GAB Steam Group), etc., but we need people who are willing to step up, get ‘em going, and make sure they don’t suck.
- HTML5/JS or Python Developers: know your way around a mobile web app? Jump on board and we’ll catch you up on a few projects we’ve got cookin’ in the GAB kitchen.